As of 2021, WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system powering 35% of all websites on the internet.
- WordPress has a 61% market share in the CMS market
- WordPress powers 15% of the world’s top websites
- Five hundred plus sites are built each day using WordPress, while only 60 sites are built on a platform like Shopify and Squarespace per day.
- The WordPress Plugin Directory features 55,000+ plugins.
- WooCommerce controls 22% of the top 1 million eCommerce sites in the world.
- It is estimated to have cost $8 million to develop WordPress with 151 people years to build.